PDFRCW 23B.18.010

Ownership and enforcement of notes secured by real estate mortgages.

Any corporation, bank, trust company, mutual savings bank, savings and loan association, national banking association, or other corporation or association organized and existing under the laws of the United States or under the laws of any state or territory of the United States other than the state of Washington, including, without restriction of the generality of the foregoing description, employee pension fund organizations, charitable foundations, trust funds, or other funds, foundations or trusts engaged in the investment of moneys, and trustees of such organizations, foundations, funds or trusts, and which are not admitted to conduct business in the state of Washington under the provisions of this title, and which are not otherwise specifically authorized to transact business in this state, herein collectively referred to as "nonadmitted organizations," may purchase, acquire, hold, sell, assign, transfer, and enforce notes secured by real estate mortgages covering real property situated in this state and the security interests thereby provided, and may make commitments to purchase or acquire such notes so secured.
[ 1989 c 165 § 191.]