The board of law library trustees shall have power:
(1) To make and enforce rules for their own procedure and for the government, care and use of the library, and for the guidance of employees.
(2) To remove any trustee, except an ex officio trustee, for neglect to attend the meetings of the board.
(3) To employ a librarian and assistants and to prescribe their duties, fix their compensation and remove them at will.
(4) To purchase books, periodicals and other property suitable for the library and to accept gifts and bequests of money and property for the library, and to sell property which is unsuitable or not needed for the library.
(5) To examine and approve for payment claims and demands payable out of the county law library fund.