In addition to such other duties as a district school board shall prescribe the school district superintendent shall:
(1) Attend all meetings of the board of directors and cause to have made a record as to the proceedings thereof.
(2) Keep such records and reports and in such form as the district board of directors require or as otherwise required by law or rule or regulation of higher administrative agencies and turn the same over to his or her successor.
(3) Keep accurate and detailed accounts of all receipts and expenditures of school money. At each annual school meeting the superintendent must present his or her record book of board proceedings for public inspection, and shall make a statement of the financial condition of the district and such record book must always be open for public inspection.
(4) Give such notice of all annual or special elections as otherwise required by law; also give notice of the regular and special meetings of the board of directors.
(5) Sign all orders for warrants ordered to be issued by the board of directors.
(6) Carry out all orders of the board of directors made at any regular or special meeting.