The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Advanced paraeducator certificate" means a credential earned by a paraeducator who may have the following duties: Assisting in highly impacted classrooms, assisting in specialized instructional support and instructional technology applications, mentoring and coaching other paraeducators, and acting as a short-term emergency substitute teacher.
(2) "Board" means the paraeducator board established in RCW 28A.413.020
(3) "English language learner programs" means the English language learners program, the transitional bilingual instruction program, and the federal limited English proficiency program.
(4) "English language learner certificate" means a credential earned by a paraeducator working with students in English language learner programs.
(5) "Paraeducator" means a classified public school or school district employee who works under the supervision of a certificated or licensed staff member to support and assist in providing instructional and other services to students and their families. Paraeducators are not considered certificated instructional staff as that term and its meaning are used in this title.
(6) "Special education certificate" means a credential earned by a paraeducator working with students in special education programs.