(1)(a) The paraeducator board is created, consisting of nine members to be appointed to four-year terms.
(b) Vacancies on the board must be filled by appointment or reappointment as described in subsection (2) of this section to terms of four years.
(c) No person may serve as a member of the board for more than two consecutive full four-year terms.
(d) The governor must biennially appoint the chair of the board. No board member may serve as chair for more than four consecutive years.
(2) Appointments to the board must be made as follows, subject to confirmation by the senate:
(a) The superintendent of public instruction shall appoint a basic education paraeducator, a special education paraeducator, an English language learner paraeducator, a teacher, a principal, and a representative of the office of the superintendent of public instruction;
(b) The Washington state parent teacher association shall appoint a parent whose child receives instructional support from a paraeducator;
(c) The state board for community and technical colleges shall appoint a representative of the community and technical college system; and
(d) The student achievement council shall appoint a representative of a four-year institution of higher education as defined in RCW 28B.10.016
(3) The professional educator standards board shall administer the board.
(4) Each member of the board must be compensated in accordance with RCW 43.03.240
and must be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred in carrying out the duties of the board in accordance with RCW 43.03.050
(5) Members of the board may create informal advisory groups as needed to inform the board's work.
(6) The governor may remove a member of the board for neglect of duty, misconduct, malfeasance or misfeasance in office, or for incompetency or unprofessional conduct as defined in chapter 18.130
RCW. In such a case, the governor shall file with the secretary of state a statement of the causes for and the order of removal from the board, and the secretary of state shall send a certified copy of the statement of causes and order of removal to the last known post office address of the member.