The board of directors of any school district may borrow money and issue negotiable bonds therefor for the purpose of:
(1) Funding outstanding indebtedness or bonds theretofore issued; or
(2) For the purchase of sites for all buildings, playgrounds, physical education and athletic facilities and structures authorized by law or necessary or proper to carry out the functions of a school district; or
(3) For erecting all buildings authorized by law, including but not limited to those mentioned in subsection (2) of this section immediately above or necessary or proper to carry out the functions of a school district, and providing the necessary furniture, apparatus, or equipment therefor; or
(4) For improving the energy efficiency of school district buildings and/or installing systems and components to utilize renewable and/or inexhaustible energy resources; or
(5) For major and minor structural changes and structural additions to buildings, structures, facilities and sites necessary or proper to carrying out the functions of the school district; or
(6) For payment of (a) an installment purchase contract for school plant facilities or (b) a financing lease the term of which is ten years or longer and that contains an option by the school district to purchase the leased property for nominal consideration, but only to the extent such payment constitutes a capital expenditure; or
(7) For any or all of these and other capital purposes.
Neither the amount of money borrowed nor bonds issued therefor shall exceed the limitation of indebtedness prescribed by chapter 39.36
RCW, as now or hereafter amended.
Except for bonds issued under RCW 28A.530.080
, bonds may be issued only when authorized by the vote of the qualified electors of the district as provided by law.
The bonds shall be issued and sold in accordance with chapter 39.46