The following terms, whenever used or referred to in this chapter, shall have the following meaning, excepting in those instances where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) The word "board" means the board of regents of the University of Washington.
(2) The words "building fees" mean the building fees charged students registering at the university.
(3) The words "bond retirement fund" mean the special fund created by chapter 254, Laws of 1957, to be known as the University of Washington bond retirement fund.
(4) The word "bonds" means the bonds payable out of the bond retirement fund.
(5) The word "projects" means the construction, completion, reconstruction, remodeling, rehabilitation, or improvement of any building or other facility of the university authorized by the legislature at any time and to be financed by the issuance and sale of bonds.