The definitions in this section apply throughout RCW 28B.30.642
unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Center" means the Washington climate and rural energy development center.
(2) "Clean energy activities" means: (a) Activities related to renewable resources including electricity generation facilities fueled by water, wind, solar energy, geothermal energy, landfill gas, or bioenergy; (b) programs and industries promoting research, development, or commercialization of fuel cells and qualified alternative energy resources as defined in RCW 19.29A.090
; (c) energy efficiency measures or technologies; and (d) technologies designed to significantly reduce the use of or emissions from motor vehicle fuels.
(3) "Climate change" means a change of climate attributed directly or indirectly to human activity that alters the composition of the global atmosphere.
Findings—2002 c 250: "The legislature makes the following findings:
(1) A vast and growing body of research and information about changes to our global, national, and regional climates is being produced by a variety of sources.
(2) Much of this research and information holds important value in helping scientists, citizens, businesses, and public policymakers understand how Washington may be affected by these changes.
(3) It is in the public interest to support efforts to promote discussion and understanding of the potential effects of climate change on Washington's water supply, agriculture, natural resources, coastal infrastructure, public health, and economy, and to encourage the formulation of sound recommendations for avoiding, mitigating, and responding to those effects.
(4) The state should support the establishment of a central clearinghouse to serve as an impartial, unbiased source of credible and reliable information about climate change for the public." [ 2002 c 250 § 1