The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Committee" means the joint higher education committee.
(2) "Council" means the student achievement council.
(3) "Education data center" means the education data center established in the office of financial management as provided under RCW 43.41.400
(4) "Four-year institutions of higher education" means the University of Washington, Washington State University, Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Western Washington University, and The Evergreen State College.
(5) "Major expansion" means expansion of the higher education system that requires significant new capital investment, including building new institutions, campuses, branches, or centers or conversion of existing campuses, branches, or centers that would result in a mission change.
(6) "Mission change" means a change in the level of degree awarded or institutional type not currently authorized in statute.
(7) "Office" means the office of student financial assistance created in RCW 28B.76.090