(1) The investment board has the full power to invest, reinvest, manage, contract, sell, or exchange investment money in the account. All investment and operating costs associated with the investment of money shall be paid pursuant to RCW 43.33A.160
. With the exception of these expenses, the earnings from the investment of the money shall be retained by the account.
(2) All investments made by the investment board shall be made with the exercise of that degree of judgment and care pursuant to RCW 43.33A.140
and the investment policy established by the state investment board.
(3) As deemed appropriate by the investment board, money in the account may be commingled for investment with other funds subject to investment by the board.
(4) The authority to establish all policies relating to the account, other than the investment policies as set forth in subsections (1) through (3) of this section, resides with the governing body. With the exception of expenses of the investment board set forth in subsection (1) of this section, disbursements from the account shall be made only on the authorization of the governing body, and money in the account may be spent only for the purposes of the program as specified in this chapter.
(5) The investment board shall routinely consult and communicate with the governing body on the investment policy, earnings of the trust, and related needs of the program.