The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Board" means the board of accountancy created in RCW 18.04.035
(2) "Eligible student" means a student enrolled at an accredited Washington-based college or university with a declared major in accounting, entering his or her junior year or higher. "Eligible student" includes community college transfer students, residents of Washington pursuing an online degree in accounting, and students pursuing a masters in tax, masters in accounting, or a PhD in accounting.
(3) "Foundation" means the Washington CPA foundation.
(4) "Program" means the certificated public accounting scholarship program created in this chapter.
(5) "Program participant" means an eligible student who is awarded a scholarship under the program.
(6) "Resident student" has the definition in RCW 28B.15.012