(1) A hearing pursuant to a notice of charges under this chapter must be conducted in accordance with chapter 34.05
RCW, except to the extent otherwise provided in this chapter.
(2) Such hearing may be held at a place designated by the director and, at the option of the director, may be conducted by a delegated presiding officer whom the director appoints without referral to the office of administrative hearings.
(3) The hearing shall be conducted in accordance with this chapter, chapter 34.05
RCW, and chapters 10-08 and 208-08 WAC.
(4) If the department elects to conduct a hearing as permitted by subsection (2) of this section, the director must appoint a presiding officer from outside the division of banks, who may be either an employee from another division, an independent contractor, or an administrative law judge of the office of administrative hearings.
(5) Such hearing shall be private unless the director determines that a public hearing is necessary to protect the public interest upon good cause shown in a motion by the respondent, if any, to make the hearing public.
(6) The director may elect to either retain authority to issue a final order or may delegate such authority to the presiding officer appointed pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.