(1) A special membership meeting of a credit union may be called by:
(a) A majority vote of the board;
(b) Written petition signed or similarly authenticated by at least ten percent or two thousand of the members of a credit union, whichever is less;
(c) A unanimous vote of the supervisory committee for the purpose of presenting and discussing a special report by the supervisory committee regarding the failure of the board to adequately respond within a reasonable time frame to findings or recommendations previously provided to the board by the supervisory committee pursuant to RCW 31.12.335
(d) Unanimous vote of the supervisory committee to suspend a director for cause pursuant to RCW 31.12.345
if the supervisory committee has provided the director and the board with written notice of such cause and a statement of reasons why cause was found, and the board and the director have failed to act within a reasonable period to rectify the activity that constitutes cause.
(2) A call of a special membership meeting of a credit union shall be in writing submitted to the secretary of the credit union by the board, the petitioners, or the supervisory committee as applicable, and shall state specifically the purpose or purposes for which the meeting is called and the agenda item or items for consideration by the members at the meeting. If the special membership meeting is called for the removal of one or more directors or supervisory committee members, the call shall state the name of each individual whose removal is sought.
(3)(a) Upon receipt of a call for a special membership meeting, the secretary of the credit union shall determine whether the call satisfies the requirements of this section. If so, the secretary shall determine the date and time on which the special membership meeting will be held, and provide notice of the special membership meeting in accordance with the requirements of this subsection and the credit union's bylaws. The special membership meeting must be held no later than ninety days after the date on which the call is received by the secretary.
(b) The secretary shall give notice of the special membership meeting at least thirty days before the date of the meeting, or within such other reasonable time period as may be provided by the bylaws. The notice must state the purpose or purposes for which the special membership meeting is called, and the agenda items for the meeting. If the special membership meeting is called for the removal of one or more directors or supervisory committee members, the notice must state the name of each individual whose removal is sought.
(4) Except as provided in this subsection, the chairperson of the board shall preside over special membership meetings. If the purpose of the special membership meeting includes the removal of the chairperson, the next highest ranking board officer whose removal is not sought shall preside over the meeting. If the removal of all board officers is sought, the chairperson of the supervisory committee shall preside over the special membership meeting.
(5) At the special membership meeting, only those agenda items that are stated in the notice for the meeting may be considered.
(6) Special membership meetings shall be conducted according to the rules of procedure approved by the board.