The definitions set forth in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Local improvement district" means any local improvement district, local utility district, or any other similar special assessment district.
(2) "Municipality" means any city, town, county, metropolitan municipal corporation, or any other municipal corporation or quasi-municipal corporation of the state of Washington authorized to order local improvements, to establish local improvement districts, and to levy special assessments on property specially benefited thereby to pay the expense of the improvements.
(3) "Permissible floor area" means the maximum total floor area, at grade and above and below grade, of a building or other structure that may lawfully be developed on a property.
(4) "Private land use restriction" means any restriction on the use of property imposed by agreement and enforceable by a court of law and that the legislative authority of a municipality determines is useful in measuring special benefits to a property from an improvement. Such restrictions include but are not limited to easements, covenants, and equitable servitudes that are not mere personal obligations.
(5) "Public land use restriction" means any restriction on the use of property imposed by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, ordinances, or resolutions. Such restrictions include but are not limited to local zoning ordinances and historic preservation statutes.