Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Bond" means any agreement, which may or may not be represented by a physical instrument, including notes, warrants, or certificates of indebtedness, that evidences an indebtedness of the state or a local government or a fund thereof, where the state or local government agrees to pay a specified amount of money, with or without interest, at a designated time or times to either registered owners or bearers, including debt issued under chapter 39.50
(2) "Host approval" means an approval of an issue of bonds by an applicable elected representative of the state or local government, having jurisdiction, for purposes of section 147(f)(2)(A)(ii) of the internal revenue code, over the area in which a facility is located that is to be financed with bonds issued by an issuer that is not the state or a local government.
(3) "Local government" means any county, city, town, special purpose district, political subdivision, municipal corporation, or quasi-municipal corporation, including any public corporation or instrumentality created by such an entity.
(4) "Obligation" means an agreement that evidences an indebtedness of the state or a local government or a fund thereof, other than a bond, and includes, but is not limited to, conditional sales contracts, lease obligations, and promissory notes.
(5) "State" includes the state, agencies of the state, and public corporations and instrumentalities created by the state or agencies of the state.
(6) "Treasurer" means the state treasurer, county treasurer, city treasurer, or other officer responsible for treasury functions of any other local government.