Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Credit enhancement" includes insurance, letters of credit, lines of credit, or other similar agreements which enhance the security for the payment of the state's or an other agency's obligations under financing contracts.
(2) "Financing contract" means any contract entered into by the state for itself or on behalf of an other agency which provides for the use and purchase of real or personal property by the state and provides for payment by the state over a term of more than one year, and which provides that title to the subject property may secure performance of the state or transfer to the state or an other agency by the end of the term, upon exercise of an option, for a nominal amount or for a price determined without reference to fair market value. Financing contracts include, but are not limited to, conditional sales contracts, financing leases, lease purchase contracts, or refinancing contracts, but do not include operating or true leases. For purposes of this chapter, the term "financing contract" does not include any nonrecourse financing contract or other obligation payable only from money or other property received from private sources and not payable from any public money or property. The term "financing contract" includes a "master financing contract."
(3) "Master financing contract" means a financing contract which provides for the use and purchase of property by the state, and which may include more than one financing contract and appropriation.
(4) "Other agency" means any commission established under Title 15
RCW, a library or regional library, an educational service district, the superintendent of public instruction, the school directors' association, a health district, a public facilities district, or any county, city, town, school district, or other municipal corporation or quasi-municipal corporation.
(5) "State" means the state, agency, department, or instrumentality of the state, the state board for community and technical colleges, and any state institution of higher education.
(6) "State finance committee" means the state finance committee under chapter 43.33
(7) "Trustee" means a bank or trust company, within or without the state, authorized by law to exercise trust powers.