As used in RCW 43.19.670
, the following terms have the meanings indicated unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Energy audit" means a determination of the energy consumption characteristics of a facility which consists of the following elements:
(a) An energy consumption survey which identifies the type, amount, and rate of energy consumption of the facility and its major energy systems. This survey shall be made by the agency responsible for the facility.
(b) A walk-through survey which determines appropriate energy conservation maintenance and operating procedures and indicates the need, if any, for the acquisition and installation of energy conservation measures and energy management systems. This survey shall be made by the agency responsible for the facility if it has technically qualified personnel available. The director of enterprise services shall provide technically qualified personnel to the responsible agency if necessary.
(c) An investment grade audit, which is an intensive engineering analysis of energy conservation and management measures for the facility, net energy savings, and a cost-effectiveness determination.
(2) "Cost-effective energy conservation measures" means energy conservation measures that the investment grade audit concludes will generate savings sufficient to finance project loans of not more than ten years.
(3) "Energy conservation measure" means an installation or modification of an installation in a facility which is primarily intended to reduce energy consumption or allow the use of an alternative energy source, including:
(a) Insulation of the facility structure and systems within the facility;
(b) Storm windows and doors, multiglazed windows and doors, heat absorbing or heat reflective glazed and coated windows and door systems, additional glazing, reductions in glass area, and other window and door system modifications;
(c) Automatic energy control systems;
(d) Equipment required to operate variable steam, hydraulic, and ventilating systems adjusted by automatic energy control systems;
(e) Solar space heating or cooling systems, solar electric generating systems, or any combination thereof;
(f) Solar water heating systems;
(g) Furnace or utility plant and distribution system modifications including replacement burners, furnaces, and boilers which substantially increase the energy efficiency of the heating system; devices for modifying flue openings which will increase the energy efficiency of the heating system; electrical or mechanical furnace ignitions systems which replace standing gas pilot lights; and utility plant system conversion measures including conversion of existing oil- and gas-fired boiler installations to alternative energy sources;
(h) Caulking and weatherstripping;
(i) Replacement or modification of lighting fixtures which increase the energy efficiency of the lighting system;
(j) Energy recovery systems;
(k) Energy management systems; and
(l) Such other measures as the director finds will save a substantial amount of energy.
(4) "Energy conservation maintenance and operating procedure" means modification or modifications in the maintenance and operations of a facility, and any installations within the facility, which are designed to reduce energy consumption in the facility and which require no significant expenditure of funds.
(5) "Energy management system" has the definition contained in RCW 39.35.030
(6) "Energy savings performance contracting" means the process authorized by chapter 39.35C
RCW by which a company contracts with a state agency to conduct no-cost energy audits, guarantee savings from energy efficiency, provide financing for energy efficiency improvements, install or implement energy efficiency improvements, and agree to be paid for its investment solely from savings resulting from the energy efficiency improvements installed or implemented.
(7) "Energy service company" means a company or contractor providing energy savings performance contracting services.
(8) "Facility" means a building, a group of buildings served by a central energy distribution system, or components of a central energy distribution system.
(9) "Implementation plan" means the annual tasks and budget required to complete all acquisitions and installations necessary to satisfy the recommendations of the energy audit.