As used in this chapter:
(1) "Energy supply facility" means a facility which produces, extracts, converts, transports, or stores energy.
(2) "Energy" means any of the following, individually or in combination: Petroleum fuels; other liquid fuels; natural or synthetic fuel gas; solid carbonaceous fuels; fissionable nuclear material, or electricity.
(3) "Person" means an individual, partnership, joint venture, private or public corporation, association, firm, public service company, political subdivision, municipal corporation, government agency, public utility district, joint operating agency or any other entity, public or private, however organized.
(4) "Committee" means the *joint committee on energy and utilities created by RCW 44.39.010
as now or hereafter amended.
(5) "Distributor" means any person, private corporation, partnership, individual proprietorship, utility, including investor-owned utilities, joint operating agencies, municipal utility, public utility district, or cooperative, which engages in or is authorized to engage in the activity of generating, transmitting, or distributing energy in this state.
(6) "Regulated distributor" means a public service company as defined in chapter 80.04
RCW which engages in or is authorized to engage in the activity of generating, transmitting, or distributing energy in this state.
(7) "Energy supply alert" means a situation which threatens to disrupt or diminish the supply of energy to the extent that the public health, safety, and general welfare may be jeopardized.
(8) "Energy emergency" means a situation in which the unavailability or disruption of the supply of energy poses a clear and foreseeable danger to the public health, safety, and general welfare.
(9) "State or local governmental agency" means any county, city, town, municipal corporation, political subdivision of the state, or state agency.