The board shall:
(1) Perform duties relating to appraisal, appeal, approval, and hearing functions as provided by law;
(2) Establish policies to ensure that the acquisition, management, and disposition of all lands and resources within the department's jurisdiction are based on sound principles designed to achieve the maximum effective development and use of such lands and resources consistent with laws applicable thereto;
(3) Constitute the board of appraisers provided for in Article 16, section 2 of the state Constitution;
(4) Constitute the commission on harbor lines provided for in Article 15, section 1 of the state Constitution as amended;
(5) Constitute the board on geographic names as provided for in RCW 43.30.291
(6) Adopt and enforce rules as may be deemed necessary and proper for carrying out the powers, duties, and functions imposed upon it by this chapter.