(1) Organizations eligible to receive funding from the early learning facilities grant and loan program include:
(a) Early childhood education and assistance program providers;
(b) Working connections child care providers who are eligible to receive state subsidies;
(c) Licensed early learning centers not currently participating in the early childhood education and assistance program, but intending to do so;
(d) Developers of housing and community facilities;
(e) Community and technical colleges;
(f) Educational service districts;
(g) Local governments;
(h) Federally recognized tribes in the state; and
(i) Religiously affiliated entities.
(2) To be eligible to receive funding from the early learning facilities grant and loan program for activities described in RCW 43.31.577
(1) (b) and (c) and (2), eligible organizations and school districts must:
(a) Commit to being an active participant in good standing with the early achievers program as defined by chapter 43.216
(b) Demonstrate that projects receiving construction, purchase, or renovation grants or loans must also:
(i) Demonstrate that the project site is under the applicant's control for a minimum of ten years, either through ownership or a long-term lease; and
(ii) Commit to using the facility funded by the grant or loan for the purposes of providing preschool or child care for a minimum of ten years.
(3) To be eligible to receive funding from the early learning facilities grant and loan program for activities described in RCW 43.31.577
(1) (b) and (c) and (2), religiously affiliated entities must use the facility to provide child care and education services consistent with subsection (4)(a) of this section.
(4)(a) Upon receiving a grant or loan, the recipient must continue to be an active participant and in good standing with the early achievers program.
(b) If the recipient does not meet the conditions specified in (a) of this subsection, the grants shall be repaid to the early learning facilities revolving account or the early learning facilities development account, as directed by the department. So long as an eligible organization continues to provide an early learning program in the facility, the facility is used as authorized, and the eligible organization continues to be an active participant and in good standing with the early achievers program, the grant repayment is waived.
(c) The department, in consultation with the department of children, youth, and families, must adopt rules to implement this section.