As used in this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Committee" means the veterans affairs advisory committee.
(2) "Department" means the department of veterans affairs.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of veterans affairs.
(4) "Goods and services" includes professional services and all other goods and services.
(5) "Procurement" means the purchase, lease, or rental of any goods or services.
(6) "State agency" includes the state of Washington and all agencies, departments, offices, divisions, boards, commissions, and correctional and other types of institutions.
(7) "Veteran-owned business" means a business that is certified by the department to be at least fifty-one percent owned and controlled by:
(a) A veteran as defined in RCW 41.04.007
(b) An active or reserve member in any branch of the armed forces of the United States, including the national guard, coast guard, and armed forces reserves.