The purposes of chapter 16, Laws of 1983 1st ex. sess. are declared by the legislature to be as follows:
(1) To preserve and enhance the state crime laboratory and state toxicology laboratory, which are essential parts of the criminal justice and death investigation systems in the state of Washington;
(2) To fund the death investigation system and to make related state and local institutions more efficient;
(3) To provide resources necessary for the performance, by qualified pathologists, of autopsies which are also essential to the criminal justice and death investigation systems of this state and its counties;
(4) To improve the performance of death investigations and the criminal justice system through the formal training of county coroners and county medical examiners;
(5) To establish and maintain a dental identification system; and
(6) To provide flexibility so that any county may establish a county morgue when it serves the public interest.