A state agency information technology portfolio shall serve as the basis for making information technology decisions and plans which may include, but are not limited to:
(1) System refurbishment, acquisitions, and development efforts;
(2) Setting goals and objectives for using information technology;
(3) Assessments of information processing performance, resources, and capabilities;
(4) Ensuring the appropriate transfer of technological expertise for the operation of new systems developed using external resources;
(5) Guiding new investment demand, prioritization, selection, performance, and asset value of technology and telecommunications; and
(6) Progress toward providing electronic access to public information.