(1) The commission shall consist of twelve members appointed by the governor. In making such appointments, the governor shall give due consideration to recommendations submitted to him or her by the commission. The governor may also consider nominations of members made by the various Asian American organizations in the state. The governor shall consider nominations for membership based upon maintaining a balanced distribution of Asian-ethnic, geographic, sex, age, and occupational representation, where practicable.
(2) Appointments shall be for three years except in case of a vacancy, in which event appointment shall be only for the remainder of the unexpired term for which the vacancy occurs. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointments.
(3) Members shall receive reimbursement for travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties in accordance with RCW 43.03.050
as now existing or hereafter amended.
(4) Seven members shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of conducting business.
(5) The governor shall appoint an executive director based upon recommendations made by the council.