The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Area" means a geographic area within a local government that is described by a closed perimeter boundary.
(2) "Department" means the department of archaeology and historic preservation.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department.
(4) "Local government" means a city, code city, or town.
(5) "Qualified levels of participation" means a local downtown or neighborhood commercial district revitalization program that has been designated by the department.