The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Health care provider" means an individual who holds a license issued by a disciplining authority identified in RCW 18.130.040
and who practices his or her profession in a health care facility or provides a health service.
(2) "Health facility" or "facility" means hospices licensed under chapter 70.127
RCW, hospitals licensed under chapter 70.41
RCW, rural health care facilities as defined in RCW 70.175.020
, psychiatric hospitals licensed under chapter 71.12
RCW, nursing homes licensed under chapter 18.51
RCW, community mental health centers licensed under chapter 71.05
RCW, kidney disease treatment centers, ambulatory diagnostic, treatment, or surgical facilities, drug and alcohol treatment facilities licensed under *chapter 70.96A
RCW, and home health agencies licensed under chapter 70.127
RCW, and includes such facilities if owned and operated by a political subdivision, including a public hospital district, or instrumentality of the state and such other facilities as required by federal law and implementing regulations.
(3) "Health service" or "service" means that service, including primary care service, offered or provided by health care facilities and health care providers relating to the prevention, cure, or treatment of illness, injury, or disease.
(4) "Health service area" means a geographic region appropriate for effective health planning that includes a broad range of health services.
(5) "Office" means the office of financial management.
(6) "Strategy" means the statewide health resources strategy.