(1) Each dealer of off-road vehicles in this state shall obtain either a miscellaneous vehicle dealer license as defined in RCW 46.70.011
or an off-road vehicle dealer license from the department in a manner prescribed by the department. Upon receipt of an application for an off-road vehicle dealer license and the fee described under subsection (2) of this section, the dealer is licensed and an off-road vehicle dealer license number must be assigned.
(2) The annual fee for an off-road vehicle dealer license is twenty-five dollars, which covers all of the off-road vehicles owned by a dealer and not rented. Off-road vehicles rented on a regular, commercial basis by a dealer must have separate registrations.
(3) Upon the issuance of an off-road vehicle dealer license, each dealer may purchase, at a cost to be determined by the department, off-road vehicle dealer license plates of a size and color to be determined by the department. The off-road vehicle dealer license plates must contain the off-road vehicle dealer license number assigned to the dealer. Each off-road vehicle operated by a dealer, dealer representative, or prospective customer for the purposes of testing or demonstration shall display dealer license plates assigned by the department.
(4) A dealer, dealer representative, or prospective customer may only use dealer license plates for the purposes prescribed in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) Off-road vehicle dealer license numbers are nontransferable.
(6) It is unlawful for any dealer to sell any off-road vehicle at wholesale or retail or to test or demonstrate any off-road vehicle within the state unless the dealer has either a miscellaneous vehicle dealer license as defined in RCW 46.70.011
or an off-road vehicle dealer license as required under this section.
(7) When an off-road vehicle is sold by a dealer, the dealer shall apply for a certificate of title in the purchaser's name within fifteen days following the sale.
(8) Except as provided in RCW 46.09.420
, it is unlawful for any dealer to sell at retail an off-road vehicle without registration required in RCW 46.09.440