PDFRCW 46.29.470

Certificate furnished by nonresident as proof.

A nonresident may give proof of financial responsibility by filing with the department a written certificate or certificates of an insurance carrier authorized to transact business in the state in which the vehicle, or vehicles, owned by such nonresident is registered, or in the state in which such nonresident resides, if he or she does not own a vehicle, provided such certificate otherwise conforms with the provisions of this chapter, and the department shall accept the same upon condition that said insurance carrier complies with the following provisions with respect to the policies so certified:
(1) Said insurance carrier shall execute a power of attorney authorizing the director to accept service on its behalf of notice or process in any action arising out of a motor vehicle accident in this state;
(2) Said insurance carrier shall agree in writing that such policies shall be deemed to conform with the laws of this state relating to the terms of motor vehicle liability policies issued therein.
[ 2010 c 8 § 9042; 1963 c 169 § 47.]