(1) The motor vehicle weight fee imposed under RCW 46.17.365
(1) must be deposited every July 1st as follows:
(a) Three million dollars to the freight mobility multimodal account created in RCW 46.68.310
(b) The remainder to the multimodal transportation account created in RCW 47.66.070
(2) The motor vehicle weight fee:
(a) Must be used for transportation purposes;
(b) May not be used for the general support of state government; and
(c) Is imposed to provide funds to mitigate the impact of vehicle loads on the state roads and highways and is separate and distinct from other vehicle license fees. Proceeds from the fee may be used for transportation purposes, or for facilities and activities that reduce the number of vehicles or load weights on the state roads and highways.
(3) The motor home vehicle weight fee imposed under RCW 46.17.365
(2) must be deposited in the multimodal transportation account created in RCW 47.66.070
Reviser's note: This section was previously repealed by Initiative Measure No. 976 (chapter 1, Laws of 2020). The Washington state supreme court ruled in Garfield Cty. Transp. Auth. v. State, No. 98320-8, 2020 Wash. LEXIS 592 (Oct. 15, 2020) that Initiative Measure No. 976 is in violation of Article II, section 19 of the state Constitution and is therefore void in its entirety.