RCW 46.96.260

Civil actions for violations.

A new motor vehicle dealer who is injured in his or her business or property by a violation of this chapter, or any corporation or association that is primarily owned by or composed of new motor vehicle dealers and that primarily represents the interests of new motor vehicle dealers and is acting for itself or by, for, or on behalf of one or more new motor vehicle dealers, has standing to file a petition to the department to have the matter handled as an adjudicative proceeding under chapter 34.05 RCW, or may bring a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction to recover the actual damages sustained by the dealer, to seek declaratory relief, or to enjoin further violations, together with the costs of the suit, including reasonable attorneys' fees if the new motor vehicle dealer, corporation, or association prevails. In addition, the court may, in its discretion, increase the award of damages up to an amount not to exceed three times the actual damages sustained for a willful violation. If a petition is filed with the department, the petition must be accompanied with a filing fee in accordance with RCW 46.96.210.
[ 2018 c 296 § 3; 2010 c 178 § 11.]