Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Board" means the freight mobility strategic investment board created in RCW 47.06A.030
(2) "Department" means the department of transportation.
(3) "Freight mobility" means the safe, reliable, and efficient movement of goods within and through the state to ensure the state's economic vitality.
(4) "Indian tribe" has the same meaning as provided in RCW 43.376.010
(5) "Local governments" means cities, towns, counties, special purpose districts, port districts, and any other municipal corporations or quasi-municipal corporations in the state excluding school districts.
(6) "Overburdened community" has the same meaning as provided in RCW 70A.02.010
(7) "Public entity" means a state agency, city, town, county, port district, or municipal or regional planning organization.
(8) "Strategic freight corridor" means a transportation corridor of great economic importance within an integrated freight system that:
(a) Serves international and domestic interstate and intrastate trade;
(b) Enhances the state's competitive position through regional and global gateways;
(c) Carries freight tonnages of at least:
(i) Four million gross tons annually on state highways, city streets, and county roads;
(ii) Five million gross tons annually on railroads; or
(iii) Two and one-half million net tons on waterways; and
(d) Has been designated a strategic corridor by the board under RCW 47.06A.020
(4). However, new alignments to, realignments of, and new links to strategic corridors that enhance freight movement may qualify, even though no tonnage data exists for facilities to be built in the future.