As used in this chapter:
(1) "Electronic toll collection system" means a system that collects tolls by crediting or debiting funds from a customer's unique prepaid tolling account.
(2) "Photo toll" means a charge associated with a particular vehicle that can only be identified by its license plate. A photo toll may be paid through one of the following methods:
(a) A customer-initiated account that is prepaid or postpaid.
(b) In response to a toll bill that is sent to the registered owner of the vehicle incurring the photo toll charge. The toll bill may designate a toll payment due date for the photo toll assessed.
(3) "Photo toll system" means a camera-based imaging system that uses digital video or still image formats to record license plate images of vehicles using toll lanes for the purpose of collecting a photo toll.
(4) "Toll payment due date" means the date when a toll must be paid to avoid a toll violation civil penalty. The toll payment due date is eighty days from the date the vehicle uses the toll facility and incurs the toll charge.
(5) "Transportation systems and facilities" means capital-related improvements and additions to the state's transportation infrastructure, including but not limited to highways, roads, bridges, vehicles, and equipment, marine-related facilities, vehicles, and equipment, park and ride lots, transit stations and equipment, transportation management systems, and other transportation-related investments.