As used in this chapter:
(1) "1950 Tacoma Narrows bridge" means the bridge crossing the Tacoma Narrows that was opened to vehicle travel in 1950.
(2) "Electronic toll collection system" means a system that collects tolls by crediting or debiting funds from a customer's unique prepaid tolling account.
(3) "Photo toll" means a toll charge associated with a particular vehicle that is identified by its license plate. A photo toll may be paid through one of the following methods:
(a) A customer-initiated account that is prepaid or postpaid.
(b) In response to a toll bill that is sent to the registered owner of the vehicle incurring the photo toll charge. The toll bill may designate a toll payment due date for the photo toll assessed.
(4) "Photo toll system" means a camera-based imaging system that uses digital video or still image formats to record license plate images of vehicles using toll lanes for the purpose of collecting a photo toll.
(5) "Toll bridge" means a bridge constructed or acquired under this chapter, upon which tolls are charged, together with all appurtenances, additions, alterations, improvements, and replacements thereof, and the approaches thereto, and all lands and interests used therefor, and buildings and improvements thereon.
(6) "Toll payment due date" means the date when a toll must be paid to avoid a toll violation civil penalty. The toll payment due date is eighty days from the date the vehicle uses the toll facility and incurs the toll charge.
(7) "Toll road" means any express highway, superhighway, or motorway at such locations and between such termini as may be established by law, and constructed or to be constructed as a limited access highway under the provisions of this chapter by the department, and shall include, but not be limited to, all bridges, tunnels, overpasses, underpasses, interchanges, entrance plazas, approaches, toll houses, service areas, service facilities, communications facilities, and administration, storage, and other buildings that the department may deem necessary for the operation of the project, together with all property, rights, easements, and interests that may be acquired by the department for the construction or the operation of the project, all of which shall be conducted in the same manner and under the same procedure as provided for the establishing, constructing, operating, and maintaining of toll bridges by the department, insofar as those procedures are reasonably consistent and applicable.