(1) The Puget Sound ferry operations account is created in the motor vehicle account.
(2) The following funds must be deposited into the account:
(a) All moneys directed by law;
(b) All revenues generated from ferry fares; and
(c) All revenues generated from commercial advertising, concessions, parking, and leases as allowed under RCW 47.60.140
(3) Moneys in the account may be spent only after appropriation.
(4) Expenditures from the account may be used only for the maintenance, administration, and operation of the Washington state ferry system.
(5) During the 2021-2023 and 2023-2025 fiscal biennia, the legislature may direct the state treasurer to make transfers of moneys in the Puget Sound ferry operations account to the Puget Sound capital construction account.