(1) The employer and one coalition of all the exclusive bargaining representatives subject to this chapter and chapter 41.80
RCW shall conduct negotiations regarding the dollar amount expended on behalf of each employee for health care benefits.
(2) Absent a collective bargaining agreement to the contrary, the department of transportation shall provide contributions to insurance and health care plans for ferry system employees and dependents, as determined by the state health care authority, under chapter 41.05
(3) The employer and employee organizations may collectively bargain for insurance plans other than health care benefits, and employer contributions may exceed that of other state agencies as provided in RCW 41.05.050
(4) For the 2013-2015 fiscal biennium, a collective bargaining agreement related to employee health care benefits negotiated between the employer and coalition pursuant to RCW 41.80.020
(3) regarding the dollar amount expended on behalf of each employee must be a separate agreement for which the governor may request funds necessary to implement the agreement.