(1) The department of transportation must convene a community aviation revitalization board to exercise the powers granted under this chapter.
(2) The board must consist of a representative from the department of transportation's aviation division, the public works board, and a nonlegislative member of the community economic revitalization board. The board must also consist of the following members appointed by the secretary of transportation: One port district official, one county official, one city official, one representative of airport managers, and one representative of a general aviation pilots organization within Washington that has an active membership and established location, chapter, or appointed representative within Washington. The appointive members must initially be appointed to terms as follows: Two members for two-year terms, and three members for three-year terms which must include the chair. Thereafter, each succeeding term must be for three years. The chair of the board must be selected by the secretary of transportation. The members of the board must elect one of their members to serve as vice chair.
(3) Management services, including fiscal and contract services, must be provided by the department of transportation to assist the board in implementing this chapter.
(4) If a vacancy occurs by death, resignation, or otherwise of appointive members of the board, the secretary of transportation must fill the vacancy for the unexpired term. Members of the board may be removed for malfeasance or misfeasance in office, upon specific written charges by the secretary of transportation, under chapter 34.05
(5) A member appointed by the secretary of transportation may not be absent from more than fifty percent of the regularly scheduled meetings in any one calendar year. Any member who exceeds this absence limitation is deemed to have withdrawn from the office and may be replaced by the secretary of transportation.
(6) A majority of members currently appointed constitutes a quorum.
(7) The board must meet three times a year or as deemed necessary by the department of transportation.
(8) Staff support to the board must be provided by the department of transportation as needed.