(1) The long-term services and supports council is established. The council includes the members identified in RCW 50B.04.030
(2) (a) through (e) and the director of the office of financial management, or the director's designee.
(2) On an annual basis, the council must determine adjustments to the benefit unit as provided in the definition of "benefit unit" in RCW 50B.04.010
to assure benefit adequacy and solvency of the long-term services and supports trust account established in RCW 50B.04.100
. In determining adjustments to the benefit unit, the council must review the state actuary's actuarial audit and valuation of the trust account, any recommendations by the state actuary and commission, data on relevant economic indicators and program costs, and sustainability.
(3) The director of the office of financial management, or the director's designee, shall serve as chair of the council. The council must meet at least once annually to determine adjustments to the benefit unit as defined in RCW 50B.04.010
. Additional meetings of the council are at the call of the chair. A majority of the voting members of the council shall constitute a quorum for any votes of the council. Approval of sixty percent of the members of the council who are in attendance is required for the passage of any vote. The council may adopt rules for the conduct of meetings, including provisions for meetings and voting to be conducted by telephonic, video, or other conferencing process.
(4) Members of the council must be compensated in accordance with RCW 43.03.250
and must be reimbursed for their travel expenses while on official business in accordance with RCW 43.03.050