Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this section, RCW 53.08.480
, and 53.08.320
(1) "Moorage facility" means any properties or facilities owned or operated by a moorage facility operator which are capable of use for the moorage or storage of vessels.
(2) "Moorage facility operator" means any port district, city, town, metropolitan park district, or county which owns and/or operates a moorage facility.
(3) "Owner" means every natural person, firm, partnership, corporation, association, or organization, or agent thereof, with actual or apparent authority, who expressly or impliedly contracts for use of a moorage facility.
(4) "Port charges" mean charges of a moorage facility operator for moorage and storage, and all other charges owing or to become owing under a contract between a vessel owner and the moorage facility operator, or under an officially adopted tariff including, but not limited to, costs of sale and related legal expenses.
(5) "Transient vessel" means a vessel using a moorage facility and which belongs to an owner who does not have a moorage agreement with the moorage facility operator. Transient vessels include, but are not limited to: Vessels seeking a harbor of refuge, day use, or overnight use of a moorage facility on a space-as-available basis. Transient vessels may also include vessels taken into custody under RCW 79.100.040
(6) "Vessel" means every species of watercraft or other artificial contrivance capable of being used as a means of transportation on water and which does not exceed two hundred feet in length. "Vessel" includes any trailer used for the transportation of watercraft.