As used in this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Crop" means all products of the soil either growing or cropped, cut, or gathered which require annual planting, harvesting, or cultivating. A crop includes orchard crops, but does not include vegetation produced by the powers of nature alone, nursery stock, or vegetation intended as a permanent enhancement of the land itself.
(2) "Handler" means a person who prepares an orchard crop for market for the account of, or as agent for, the producer of the orchard crop, which preparation includes, but is not limited to, receiving, storing, packing, marketing, selling, or delivering the orchard crop; and who takes delivery of the orchard crop from the producer of the orchard crop or from another handler. "Handler" does not include a person who solely transports the orchard crop from the producer or another handler to another person.
(3) "Landlord" means a person who leases or subleases to a tenant real property upon which crops are growing or will be grown.
(4) "Orchard crop" means cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums or prunes, pears, apricots, and apples.
(5) "Secured party" and "security interest" have the same meaning as used in the Uniform Commercial Code, Title 62A
(6) "Supplier" includes, but is not limited to, a person who furnishes seed, furnishes and/or applies commercial fertilizer, pesticide, fungicide, weed killer, or herbicide, including spraying and dusting, upon the land of the grower or landowner, or furnishes any work or labor upon the land of the grower or landowner including tilling, preparing for the growing of crops, sowing, planting, cultivating, cutting, digging, picking, pulling, or otherwise harvesting any crop grown thereon, or in gathering, securing, or housing any crop grown thereon, or in threshing any grain or hauling to any warehouse any crop, including grain, grown thereon.
(7) "Lien debtor" means the person who is obligated or owes payment or other performance. If the lien debtor and the owner of the property encumbered by the crop lien or security interest are not the same person, "lien debtor" means the owner of the property encumbered by the crop lien or security interest.
(8) "Lienholder" means a person who, by statute, has acquired a lien on the property of the lien debtor, or such person's successor in interest.