The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Agency" means the Washington state pollution liability insurance agency.
(2) "Heating oil tank" means a tank and its connecting pipes, whether above or below ground, or in a basement, with pipes connected to the tank for space heating of human living or working space on the premises where the tank is located.
(3) "Local government" means any political subdivision of the state, including a town, city, county, special purpose district, or other municipal corporation.
(4) "Operator" means any person in control of, or having responsibility for, the daily operation of a petroleum underground storage tank system, including a heating oil tank system.
(5) "Owner" means any person who owns a petroleum underground storage tank system, including a heating oil tank system.
(6) "Petroleum underground storage tank system" means an underground storage tank system regulated under chapter 70A.355
RCW or subtitle I of the solid waste disposal act (42 U.S.C. chapter 82, subchapter IX) that is used for storing petroleum.
(7) "Release" has the same meaning as defined in RCW 70A.305.020
(8) "Remedial action" has the same meaning as defined in RCW 70A.305.020
(9) "Underground storage tank facility" means the location where one or more underground storage tank systems are installed. A facility encompasses all contiguous real property under common ownership associated with the operation of the underground storage tank system or systems.
(10) "Underground storage tank system" means an underground storage tank, connected underground piping, underground ancillary equipment, and containment system, if any, and includes any aboveground ancillary equipment connected to the underground storage tank or piping, such as dispensers.