The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "ASTM" means the American society for testing and materials.
(2) "Biodegradable mulch film" means film plastic used as a technical tool in commercial farming applications that biodegrades in soil after being used, and:
(a) The film product fulfills plant growth and regulated metals requirements of ASTM D6400; and
(b)(i) Meets the requirements of Vincotte's "OK Biodegradable Soil" certification scheme, as that certification existed as of January 1, 2019;
(ii) At ambient temperatures and in soil, shows at least ninety percent biodegradation absolute or relative to microcrystalline cellulose in less than two years' time, tested according to ISO 17556 or ASTM 5988 standard test methods, as those test methods existed as of January 1, 2019; or
(iii) Meets the requirements of EN 17033 "plastics-biodegradable mulch films for use in agriculture and horticulture" as it existed on January 1, 2019.
(3) "Federal trade commission guides" means the United States federal trade commission's guides for the use of environmental marketing claims (Part 260, commencing at section 260.1), compostability claims, including section 260.8, and degradation claims (subchapter B of chapter I of Title 16 of the Code of Federal Regulations), as those guides existed as of January 1, 2019.
(4) "Film product" means a bag, sack, wrap, or other sheet film product.
(5) "Food service product" means a product including, but not limited to, containers, plates, bowls, cups, lids, meat trays, straws, deli rounds, cocktail picks, splash sticks, condiment packaging, clam shells and other hinged or lidded containers, sandwich wrap, utensils, sachets, portion cups, and other food service products that are intended for one-time use and used for food or drink offered for sale or use.
(6) "Manufacturer" means a person, firm, association, partnership, or corporation that produces a product.
(7) "Person" means individual, firm, association, copartnership, political subdivision, government agency, municipality, industry, public or private corporation, or any other entity whatsoever.
(8) "Plastic food packaging and food service products" means food packaging and food service products that is composed of:
(a) Plastic; or
(b) Fiber or paper with a plastic coating, window, component, or additive.
(9) "Plastic product" means a product made of plastic, whether alone or in combination with another material including, but not limited to, paperboard. A plastic product includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
(a) A product or part of a product that is used, bought, or leased for use by a person for any purpose;
(b) A package or a packaging component including, but not limited to, packaging peanuts;
(c) A film product; or
(d) Plastic food packaging and food service products.
(10) "Standard specification" means either:
(a) ASTM D6400 – standard specification labeling of plastics designed to be aerobically composted in municipal or industrial facilities, as it existed as of January 1, 2019; or
(b) ASTM D6868 – standard specification for labeling of end items that incorporate plastics and polymers as coatings or additives with paper and other substrates designed to be aerobically composted in municipal or industrial facilities, as it existed as of January 1, 2019.
(11)(a) "Supplier" means a person, firm, association, partnership, company, or corporation that sells, offers for sale, offers for promotional purposes, or takes title to a product.
(b) "Supplier" does not include a person, firm, association, partnership, company, or corporation that sells products to end users as a retailer.
(12) "Utensil" means a product designed to be used by a consumer to facilitate the consumption of food or beverages, including knives, forks, spoons, cocktail picks, chopsticks, splash sticks, and stirrers.