(1) A manufacturer or supplier of a film bag that meets ASTM standard specification D6400 and is distributed or sold by retailers must ensure that the film bag is readily and easily identifiable from other film bags in a manner that is consistent with the federal trade commission guides.
(2) For purposes of this section, "readily and easily identifiable" products must meet the following requirements:
(a) Be labeled with a certification logo indicating the bag meets the ASTM D6400 standard specification if the bag has been certified as meeting that standard by a recognized third-party independent verification body;
(b) Be labeled in accordance with one of the following:
(i) The bag is made of a uniform color of green or brown and labeled with the word "compostable" on one side of the bag and the label must be at least one inch in height; or
(ii) Be labeled with the word "compostable" on both sides of the bag and the label must be one of the following:
(A) Green or brown color lettering at least one inch in height; or
(B) Within a contrasting green or brown color band of at least one inch in height on both sides of the bag with color contrasting lettering of at least one-half inch in height;
(c) Meet industry standards for being distinguishable upon quick inspection in both public sorting areas and in processing facilities.
(3) If a bag is smaller than fourteen inches by fourteen inches, the lettering and stripe required under subsection (2)(b)(ii) of this section must be in proportion to the size of the bag.
(4) A film bag that meets ASTM standard specification D6400 that is sold or distributed in this state may not display a chasing arrow resin identification code or recycling type of symbol in any form.
(5) A manufacturer or supplier is required to comply with this section only to the extent that the labeling requirements do not conflict with the federal trade commission guides.