The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) "Aggregated meter" means an electric service meter measuring electric energy consumption that is eligible to receive credits under a meter aggregation arrangement as described in RCW 80.60.030
(2) "Commission" means the utilities and transportation commission.
(3) "Consumer-owned utility" means a municipal electric utility formed under Title 35
RCW, a public utility district formed under Title 54
RCW, an irrigation district formed under chapter 87.03
RCW, a cooperative formed under chapter 23.86
RCW, or a mutual corporation or association formed under chapter 24.06
RCW, that is engaged in the business of distributing electricity to more than one retail electric customer in the state.
(4) "Customer-generator" means a user of a net metering system.
(5) "Designated meter" means an electric service meter at the service of a net metering system that is interconnected to the utility distribution system.
(6) "Electric cooperative" means a cooperative or association organized under chapter 23.86
(7) "Electric utility" means any electrical company, public utility district, irrigation district, port district, electric cooperative, or municipal electric utility that is engaged in the business of distributing electricity to retail electric customers in the state.
(8) "Electrical company" means a company owned by investors that meets the definition of RCW 80.04.010
(9) "Irrigation district" means an irrigation district under chapter 87.03
(10) "Meter aggregation" means the administrative combination of billing net energy consumption from a designated net meter and eligible aggregated meter.
(11) "Municipal electric utility" means a city or town that owns or operates an electric utility authorized by chapter 35.92
(12) "Net metering" means measuring the difference between the electricity supplied by an electric utility and the excess electricity generated by a customer-generator's net metering system over the applicable billing period.
(13) "Net metering system" means a fuel cell, a facility that produces electricity and used and useful thermal energy from a common fuel source, or a facility for the production of electrical energy that generates renewable energy, and that:
(a) Has an electrical generating AC capacity of not more than one hundred kilowatts;
(b) Is located on the customer-generator's premises;
(c) Operates in parallel with the electric utility's transmission and distribution facilities and is connected to the electric utility's distribution system; and
(d) Is intended primarily to offset part or all of the customer-generator's requirements for electricity.
(14) "Port district" means a port district within which an industrial development district has been established as authorized by Title 53
(15) "Premises" means any residential property, commercial real estate, or lands, owned or leased by a customer-generator within the service area of a single electric utility.
(16) "Public utility district" means a district authorized by chapter 54.04
(17) "Renewable energy" means energy generated by a facility that uses water, wind, solar energy, or biogas as a fuel.
(18) "Retail electric customer" includes an individual, organization, group, association, partnership, corporation, agency, unit of state government, or entity that is connected to the electric utility's distribution system and purchases electricity for ultimate consumption and not for resale.