The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Department" means the department of ecology.
(2) "Local government" means a city, town, public utility district, irrigation district, public port, county, sewer district, or water district.
(3) "Net water savings" means the amount of water that is determined to be conserved and usable within a specified stream reach or reaches for other purposes without impairment or detriment to water rights existing at the time that a water conservation project is undertaken, reducing the ability to deliver water, or reducing the supply of water that otherwise would have been available to other existing water uses.
(4) "Pilot planning areas" means the geographic areas designated under RCW 90.54.045
(5) "Trust water right" means any water right acquired by the state under this chapter for management in the state's trust water rights program.
(6) "Water conservation project" means any project or program that achieves physical or operational improvements that provide for increased water use efficiency in existing systems of diversion, conveyance, application, or use of water under water rights existing on July 28, 1991.