Replacement coils within existing equipment.
1. Chilled-water cooling coils that have an airside pressure drop exceeding 0.70 in. of water when rated at 500 fpm face velocity and dry conditions (no condensation).
2. Individual fan-cooling units with a design supply airflow rate ≤ 5000 cfm.
3. Constant-air-volume systems.
4. Coils selected at the maximum temperature difference allowed by the cooling plant equipment manufacturer's approved operating conditions.
5. Passive coils (no mechanically supplied airflow).
6. Coils with design entering chilled-water temperature ≥ 50°F (10°C).
7. Coils with design entering air dry-bulb temperature ≤ 65°F (18°C).
1. Hot-water heating systems which utilize heat pumps as the primary source.
2. Individual terminal fan units with a design supply airflow rate ≤ 1500 cfm are exempt from the 20°F maximum temperature difference between leaving and entering water temperature requirement.
3. Passive coils (no mechanically supplied airflow).
4. Coils with design leaving air temperature ≥ 95°F (35°C).