C405.2.9 Exterior lighting controls. Exterior lighting systems shall be provided with controls that comply with Sections C405.2.9.1 through C405.2.9.4.
1. Lighting for covered vehicle entrances or exits from buildings or parking structures where required for safety, security or eye adaption.
2. Lighting controlled from within dwelling units.
C405.2.9.1 Daylight shutoff. Lights shall be configured to automatically turn off when daylight is present and satisfies the lighting needs.
C405.2.9.2 Building façade and landscape lighting. Building façade and landscaping lighting shall be configured to automatically shutoff for a minimum of 6 hours per night or from not later than 1 hour after business closing to not earlier than 1 hour before business opening, whichever is less.
Areas where an automatic shutoff would endanger safety or security.
C405.2.9.3 Lighting setback. Lighting that is not controlled in accordance with Section C405.2.9.2 shall comply with the following:
1. Luminaires serving outdoor parking areas and having a rated input wattage of greater than 40 watts and a mounting height of 24 feet (7315 mm) or less above the ground shall also be controlled so that the total wattage of such lighting is automatically reduced by not less than 50 percent during any time where activity has not been detected for 15 minutes or more. Not more than 1,500 watts of lighting power shall be controlled together.
2. All other lighting shall be controlled so that the total wattage of such lighting is automatically reduced by not less than 50 percent by selectively switching off or dimming luminaires at one of the following times:
2.1. From not later than 12 midnight to 6 a.m.
2.2. From not later than 1 hour after business closing to not earlier than 1 hour before business opening.
2.3. During any period when no activity has been detected for 15 minutes or more.
C405.2.9.4 Exterior time-switch control functions. Time-switch controls for exterior lighting shall comply with the following:
1. They shall have a clock capable of being programmed for not fewer than 7 days.
2. They shall be capable of being set for 7 different day types per week.
3. They shall incorporate an automatic holiday setback feature.
4. They shall have program backup capabilities that prevent the loss of program and time settings for a period of at least 10 hours in the event that power is interrupted.