(Effective until July 1, 2023)
(Effective July 1, 2023)
Section C405.2.10—Parking garage lighting control.
C405.2.10 Parking garage lighting control. Parking garage lighting shall be controlled by an occupant sensor complying with Section C405.2.1.1 or a time-switch control complying with Section C405.2.2.1. Additional lighting controls shall be provided as follows:
1. Lighting power of each luminaire shall be automatically reduced by not less than 30 percent when there is no activity detected within a lighting zone for 20 minutes. Lighting zones for this requirement shall be not larger than 3,600 square feet (334.5 m2).
2. Where lighting for eye adaptation is provided at covered vehicle entrances and exits from buildings and parking structures, such lighting shall be separately controlled by a device that automatically reduces lighting power by at least 50 percent from sunset to sunrise.
3. The power to luminaires within 20 feet (6096 mm) of perimeter wall openings shall automatically reduce in response to daylight by at least 50 percent.
EXCEPTIONS TO ITEM 3:
1. Daylight transition lighting for covered vehicle entrances and exits from buildings and parking structures; each transition zone shall not exceed a depth of 66 feet inside the structure and a width of 50 feet.
2. Where permanent screens or architectural elements obstruct more than 50 percent of the opening.
3. Where the top of any existing adjacent structure or natural object is at least twice as high above the openings as its horizontal distance from the opening.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 19.27A.020
and chapters 19.27A
RCW. WSR 22-14-091, § 51-11C-40503, filed 7/1/22, effective 7/1/23. Statutory Authority: RCW 19.27A.025
, and 19.27.074
. WSR 16-03-072, § 51-11C-40503, filed 1/19/16, effective 7/1/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 19.27A.020
and chapters 19.27
RCW. WSR 13-04-056, § 51-11C-40503, filed 2/1/13, effective 7/1/13.]