1. The Armed Forces of the United States, Coast Guard or National Guard.
2. Explosives in forms prescribed by the official United States Pharmacopoeia.
3. The possession, storage and use of small arms ammunition when packaged in accordance with DOT packaging requirements.
4. The possession, storage and use of not more than 1 pound (0.454 kg) of commercially manufactured sporting black powder, 20 pounds (9 kg) of smokeless powder and 10,000 small arms primers for hand loading of small arms ammunition for personal consumption.
5. The use of explosive materials by federal, state and local regulatory, law enforcement and fire agencies acting in their official capacities.
6. Special industrial explosive devices which in the aggregate contain less than 50 pounds (23 kg) of explosive materials.
7. The possession, storage and use of blank industrial-power load cartridges when packaged in accordance with DOT packaging regulations.
8. Transportation in accordance with DOT 49 C.F.R. Parts 100-185.
9. Items preempted by federal regulations.