(1) Requests for review of the initial decision of the conduct review officer will be heard by the dean of student success (or designee). The dean shall have the same authority on review as the conduct review officer to take disciplinary action.
(2) The dean will review the hearing record and will afford the parties the opportunity to file written statements explaining their views of the matter. The dean may make any inquiries necessary to ascertain whether the proceeding should be referred to the student conduct council for a formal hearing.
(3) Within twenty days of the date for the parties to submit written statements, the dean will serve a written review decision upon the respondent, the student conduct officer, and any complainant in a proceeding involving sexual misconduct allegations. The review decision will explain the reasons for the decision and will provide a notice that judicial review may be available.
(4) In a proceeding involving sexual misconduct allegations, the review decision will explain the reasons for modifying any disciplinary action taken with respect to such allegations. The copy of the decision provided to a complainant will be redacted as needed to exclude any confidential student information not relating to the sexual misconduct allegations.
(5) The review decision of the dean (or designee) shall be final.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.35.120
and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 15-24-054, § 106-125-060, filed 11/23/15, effective 12/24/15.]