(1) The recommended decision of the student conduct council will be reviewed by the conduct review officer. The conduct review officer shall have the same authority on review as the student conduct officer to take disciplinary action.
(2) The review by the conduct review officer will be limited to the hearing record made before the student conduct council. The conduct review officer will afford all parties the opportunity to file written statements explaining why they agree or disagree with the council's recommended decision. The conduct review officer may notify the parties that the review will be limited to reviewing the specific issues raised by the parties.
(3) The conduct review officer will serve a written decision upon all parties (including the complainant in any proceeding involving sexual misconduct allegations) within twenty days of the date for the parties to submit written statements. The decision will adopt or modify the conduct council's recommended decision and will provide a notice that reconsideration and/or judicial review may be available.
(4) In a proceeding involving sexual misconduct allegations, the review decision will explain the reasons for modifying any recommended disciplinary action with respect to such allegations. The copy of the decision provided to a complainant will be redacted as needed to exclude any confidential student information not relating to the sexual misconduct allegations.
(5) The decision of the conduct review officer shall be final.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.35.120
and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 15-24-054, § 106-125-090, filed 11/23/15, effective 12/24/15.]